Thursday, March 27, 2014

Color My World Challenge DSC#075





One current trend in hair, fashion, home furnishing, and crafting is the ombre look - a gentle gradation of colors.  I decided to try and achieve that look by sponging ink over a stencil using today's challenge colors of Tangerine Tango, Delightful Daffodil, and Gumball Green.  I diecut a piece of scrap cardstock using the Hexagon Hives die, and then sponged ink into the holes.  I finished it off by stamping a sentiment (retired), and some flowers from Summer Silhouettes and Secret Garden.  I fussy cut one of the flowers and popped it out with a Dimensional.  This was definitely a fun technique to try and would be really pretty with cool colors as well!  Happy stamping!
Tomorrow's Thursday Challenge.  If you're joining us, post your projects here.  If you're a blogger - just upload your URL link for us to visit your blog and leave comments.

Check out the others STARS's takes on this challenge:




3 comments:

  1. Nice bright, cheerful card. Great job on the ombre technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Robyn! It was fun and pretty easy!

      Delete
  2. I like this Michelle. I didn't order the hive, maybe I should have...

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover